Durian | Push Your Luck Game
- Free UK shipping on orders over £50
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Durian is a simple 'push your luck' deduction game designed by Masato Uesugi for Japanese games company, Oink Games. As with all Oink's offerings, the game is lightweight in both it's portability and complexity so it's an easy one to bring out at a games night or take travelling as a fun family game.
The concept is that players are shop assistants in a jungle shop where the manager is a large and angry gorilla. You have to manage the orders for fruit against the stock held by the players and work out the point at which there are more orders than stock to fulfil the orders.
So, how do you play Durian by Oink Games?
1. Each player takes a card which indicates fruit levels for the stores inventory. The cards are placed in the wooden blocks facing away from the player so players can see the other players cards but not their own (leaving one card unknown for each player.)
2. Players then draw cards, clockwise around the group and choose to 'order' one of the two fruit symbols that appear on the drawn card.
3. As the orders are placed, at some point one of the players will realise that there probably is not enough fruit on the players cards in the wooden blocks to fulfil the fruit orders. At this point, you ring the hand bell to get the gorilla manager in to check.
4. If the player has guessed correctly and there is not enough fruit then the player that played the last card gets into trouble. If there is enough fruit then it's the person that called the manager that gets into trouble. Whoever loses the round takes an angry gorilla token.
5. The manager's anger level goes up each time they are called and the tokens go up in value each round (up to anger level 7 which is nuclear gorilla - not to be messed with!)
6. The game is over when one person has accumulated a total of 7 angry gorilla points against them - that player will lose and everyone else will win the game.
Durian is great looking with simple, bold and contemporary graphics and very easy to play. Fab for families and compact and lightweight as a travel game.
- 2-7 players (best 3-5)
- 20 Minute Play Time
- Very Easy to Pick Up (no complex rules)
- Age 7+
- Great family game
- Great travel game
28 Fruit Cards
3 Gorilla Sibling Cards
1 Order Board
7 Card Stands
7 Angry Manager Chips
We ship to all UK Mainland addresses. Shipping choices and charges are calculated by weight and size and we offer the following shipping options:
Small items / large letter size
Royal Mail 48: (delivery aim 2/3 working days but not guaranteed; fully tracked): £3.50
Royal Mail 24: (delivery aim next working day but not guaranteed; fully tracked): £5.00
Medium Parcels between 1-2 kgs
Royal Mail 24: (delivery aim next working day but not guaranteed; fully tracked): £8.00
Royal Mail 48: (delivery aim 2/3 working days but not guaranteed; fully tracked): £6.00
Large Parcels between 2-20 kgs
Royal Mail 24: (delivery aim next working day but not guaranteed; fully tracked): £12.00
Royal Mail 48: (delivery aim 2/3 working days but not guaranteed; fully tracked): £10.00
Any order over £50 is free delivery and will be shipped using a Tracked 48 service.
Delivery methods are auto-calculated at checkout and are dependent on size and weight.
Orders received by 2pm will usually be dispatched same day. Note: We do not dispatch orders on Saturdays or Sundays.
We currently ship to the following countries / territories:
USA / Canada
Australia / New Zealand / Japan / Singapore / South Korea / UAE.
Mainland Europe (EU) / Norway / Switzerland / Iceland
Duty and Taxes
All overseas orders are currently shipped DAP (delivered at place.)
This means that the customer is responsible for any import duty, local tax and any handling surcharge by the shipping company.
Note : We do not charge UK VAT on export orders.
The current UK VAT rate of 20% will be removed from the order value at checkout if the delivery address is outside of the UK.
Please note, that if you refuse to accept the goods from our nominated courier for any reason other than clear and obvious damage to the box or shipping container or product, or do not provide the correct information necessary for delivery of goods and subsequently the products are returned to us, we reserve the right to charge a discretionary restocking fee of up to £10 per item.
Cost of Shipping
The estimated time of delivery for international parcels is 5 to 10 working days throughout most destinations worldwide. Some remote destinations however can take a little longer.
Shipping charges are calculated by weight and size as follows:
Small items (up to 0.5 kg) - Royal Mail £10
Larger items (up to 2 kgs) Royal Mail - £15
Over 2 kgs - UPS - £25
U.S. | Canada | RoW
Small items (up to 0.5 kg) - Royal Mail £15
Larger items (up to 2 kgs) Royal Mail - £25
Over 2 kgs - UPS - £40 (USA only)
Cut off for processing via courier is 2pm Mon-Fri for international delivery. Orders received after this will not be collected until the following working day.